[deadline for participation has passed, keep posted to see who have been selected to join the challenge!]
VIA Water is looking for brilliant inventers, great minds and risk taking entrepreneurs to take part in an intense six week virtual programme, that will accelerate your promising water idea into the next stage. Apply now!
What: a virtual programme to take your brilliant water idea to a pilot proposal stage
Who: 8 innovative thinkers with ideas to solve a water problem in cities
Where: online, but ideas need to be for Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda or South Sudan
When: 21st September – 30th October 2015
Deadline: apply before August 19th
The programme consists of a 6 week virtual track, in which you will participate in workshops, and will receive individual coaching sessions. The track will lead to a sound proposal for the VIA Water fund.
- Proposal writing
- Business models
- Market & Need
- Risk mitigation
- Gap analysis
The best proposals are offered the opportunity to develop and test their innovation with VIA Water support. Including coaching by experts, support from our network and grant funding.
Good to know
- You apply by sending in a teaser to firstname.lastname@example.org. Find the format of the teaser at https://www.viawater.nl/project-proposal
- All complete applications will receive feedback on their concept
- The 8 most promising concepts will be invited to the 6-week online programme
- You have a potentially scalable idea (not a proven concept)
- Your idea is a solution for one of the VIA Water pressing needs
- You are based in Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda or South Sudan
- Professionals from business, government, knowledge institutes and NGO's can apply
- Individuals can apply. However, note that contracts can only be signed by registered entities
- You are available for 8 hours per week from September 21st – October 30th 2015
- You are proficient in English
- You have access to a good and stable internet connection
Dates to note down:
- 19 August 2015: deadline for application submission CV and teaser (email@example.com)
- 8 September 2015: selected participants announced
- 21 September – 30 October: online workshops and individual coaching sessions
The Water Innovation Challenge is a cooperation between VIA Water, Africa Funded and Aqua for All.
VIA Water is a Dutch programme that aims to support innovative solutions for water problems facing cities in Africa to get to the next stage. We support innovators in Benin, Ghana, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda and South Sudan. Read more at www.viawater.nl.
Africa Funded empowers entrepreneurs in emerging economies by increasing access to knowledge, expertise and funding. Read more at www.africafunded.nl.
Aqua for All is a Dutch NGO focusing on increasing access to water and sanitation for the poor and is fund manager of the VIA Water Fund. Read more at www.aquaforall.org.
Follow the challenge on twitter via #VIAWIC @viawater, @AquaforAll and @AfricaFunded.
Send your application (CV + short teaser) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a Dutch company looking to partner or invest?
We will happily match you with an exciting entrepreneur or organisation. Please get in touch.