Business Ethics - Concepts & Cases
Establishing Fair Working Conditions
Eliminating risks when cost is reasonable, studying potential risks of a job, informing workers of known risks, compensating workers for injuries.
– Providing compensation for job risks similar to risk premiums paid in other jobs.
– Providing adequate medical and disability benefits.
– Working with other firms to collect information about job risks.
Moral Responsibility for Working Conditions
• Employer is morally responsible for bad working conditions if the employer:
– Can and should improve conditions
– Knows about the conditions
– Is not prevented from changing conditions